Window film tinting installation for home, office and automobiles is increasing in demand as more people become aware of the protective and aesthetic benefits. Home and car owners have identified window tinting benefits provided by window film installation and are using the film as a solution to many on-going problems including sun damage, personal health, safety and security.
Due to technological advances in window film development, there is a tinting solution to meet your requirements. Some films are designed specifically for certain application e.g. protective films for security, tinted films for privacy and UV films for sun protection. There are also multipurpose films designed to suit many applications as an all in one solution. These multipurpose films are capable of reducing UV light and heat penetration.
The most common advantages of installing window film tinting in your home include:
- Protecting the health of your family. By installing the correct window film, you can ensure that your home and family members are protected while inside the home and car. The correct window film is capable of reducing harmful ultraviolet light thus reducing the potential for skin dryness, allergies and possible skin cancers which are associated with exposure to sunlight. This is a particular concern if you are driving a car for extended periods. The shape of modern cars permits a greater amount of sunlight to enter the cabin resulting in sunburn and skin damage.
- Protecting the safety of your family. Occupants of homes, offices and automobiles are subject to risks from broken glass in the event of accidental window breakage. Injuries from broken glass are potentially fatal but the hazard can be minimised with window tinting. Safety window tinting provides a resilient film on the glass surface that reinforces the glass and can hold the broken glass in place minimising the danger from spraying glass shards.
- Increasing the comfort of your home. Window tinting reduces sun penetration and glare protecting your family from eye strain and fatigue especially for people with glare sensitive eyes.
- Eco Friendly. Window tint film applied to your windows will reduce your energy bills and make your home more liveable. Window tinting reduces heat transfer and therefore keeps heat out on a hot day reducing air conditioner use and load. On cold days, window film effectively insulates and keeps warmth inside the home again reducing central heating requirements and energy consumption.
- Protecting your interior furnishings. Sun exposure is a primary cause of damage to interior furnishings and fittings. Sun damages paint, fades curtain fabrics, cracks leather upholstery and car dash panels. Electrical equipment, computers and plasma televisions can all be damaged by direct sunlight exposure. Window tinting reduces sunlight penetration into your home and automobile and provides protection from the effects of direct sunlight.
- Aesthetic appeal. Window tinting looks good. You can choose from a variety of protective films to add styles and different effects to the windows of your home, office and car. You can use tinted films and various shades of darkness, reflective films, and frosted window tinting to achieve any desired effect while maintaining sun and safety protection for your home.
It is best to contact a professional window tint provider to discuss your tinting requirements for them to be able to recommend the best film solution for your application. We recommend that you “shop around” when considering installation of window tinting. This will enable you to not only get the best installation price but also to obtain a variety of recommendations and advice from different installers.
Remember to check the following when discussing your requirements with tinting providers:
- The brand and quality of the window films recommended.
- The guarantee provided on the window tinting. The guarantee should be lifetime and include products and workmanship against bubbling, crazing, colour change and loss of optical quality.
- The ability of the recommended film to reduce infra red and ultra violet radiation and minimize solar heat gain. Check the film manufacturers specifications for the ratings of these characteristics.
Professionally installed window film will provide solar protection and aesthetic benefits for your home and car for many years making it a very worthwhile investment.